Sunday, January 24, 2016

Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup



I love a bowl of hearty soup to eat with bread for breakfast. Usually I will cook my favorite two soup which is the wild mushroom soup and pumpkin soup(Recipe here) as the ingredients are always available in my kitchen. Lately I have tried something new and I will definitely add them to my breakfast menu. Broccoli potato cheese soup is one of them. 

Ingredients:
Garlic(minced)
Broccoli
Potato
Parmesan Cheese(grated)
sea salt
Note: Potato is just to get the creamy texture in replacing heavy cream or milk. Therefore a small to medium size potato will be enough.

Method:
1. Stir fry minced garlic with some cooking oil until fragrant.
2. Add in broccoli and potato.
3. Cover with water. Water should be slightly less than the ingredients.
4. Bring to boil and cook until broccoli and potato are soft.
5. Use a handheld blender to blend into creamy soup.
6. Season with sea salt.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Ready to serve.

No comments: