My version of Japanese curry
I bought organic curry powder from Taiwan. Instead of the spicy type I bought the sweet one, thinking that if I want extra spiciness I can add some chili powder. Anyway, I did not have to add chili powder as we feel that the taste is just right. I am glad that my family including my 4 years old loves it.
1 pack curry powder
1 large potato
1 large carrot
1 large yellow onion
1 pack shabu shabu pork
1. Cut potato, carrot and yellow onion to desired size.
2. Heat up some oil in the pan.
3. Stir fry yellow onion till soft and fragrant. Remove and put aside.
4. Stir fry potato and carrot till the surface is cooked. Remove and put aside.
5. Add in curry powder. Stir fry for a while.
6. Add in onion, carrot and potato. Cover with water and bring to boil.
7. Simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Season with salt and sugar.
9. Add in shabu shabu pork.
10. Add few tablespoons of milk to get a smooth texture.
11. Serve it with warm rice.