2 cookies done!
milky teething sticks
cranberry butter cookies
Sorry for the low quality pictures again. Since this is for CNY, so I better post it quickly. :)
Phin Zhe will have these two cookies for CNY. Emm...I figure out I won't have time to make more. :D
I used very minimum sugar for these recipes, so there is no need to reduce further.
Milky Teething Sticks
40g melted unsalted butter
25g castor sugar(I used ground brown sugar)
1 medium egg
175g unbleached flour(sifted)
2 tbsp milk powder
1. Mix flour and milk powder together. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugar with a manual whisk until sugar dissolved.
3. Add in egg and beat until mix well.
4. Fold in flour mixture to the egg mixture. Mix well.
5. Place on a pastry mat, knead for a while.
6. Put into a pastry bag, roll into a flat piece.
7. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Cut into sticks and place on baking tray with parchment paper.
9. I brushed the sticks with some egg yolk for nicer color, but that is not a must.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 160'c for 10 to 15 minutes.
Notes: If you want it to be more milky, you can add 1-2 tbsp condensed milk. I omitted that because I want to keep as simple as possible for my boy. And if you are feeding a smaller babies, please reduce the baking temperature(eg 140'c). In that case, you get a soft texture, not crunchy type.
Cranberry Butter Cookies
75g unsalted butter
35g castor sugar(I used ground brown sugar)
150g unbleached low protein flour(sifted)
22g corn starch/potato starch
30g dried cranberry
1/4tsp baking powder(optional)
1. Mix flour, starch and baking powder together. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add in egg and beat until creamy.
4. Fold in flour mixture.
5. Mix in cranberry.
6. Form the dough into a rectangular cuboid shape.
7. Keep in fridge for more than 4 hours.
8. Cut into 5cm thickness and place on baking tray with parchment paper.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 175'c for 15 to 20 minutes.