Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Purple Sweet Potatoes Steamed Cake

 
 
Normally I can only find orange sweet potatoes in organic shop. It is very rare to have purple sweet potatoes here. So when I spotted it on the shelf in Aeon, I grabbed one pack without a plan what to do with it. After that I started to worry if it can last until weekend. So on a weekday morning, I woke up earlier to make this purple sweet potato steamed cakes for breakfast.
 
Ingredients:
12 tbsp organic unbleached low protein flour
1 tsp organic aluminium free baking powder
1 organic free range egg
2 tbsp organic brown sugar
40ml milk(i used water as I have not introduced dairy to my boy)
1 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp purple sweet potato puree
Pumpkin seeds for deco
(But then I think white sesame seeds will be nicer. Will try next time.)
 
1. Sift flour and mix with baking powder in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat egg and sugar until thicken.
3. Fold in flour mixture and sweet potato puree.
4. Mix in milk and oil
5. Steam over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes.

 
 
 
I love this steamed cake. It has the natural sweetness and fragrant of purple sweet potatoes. Those with pumpkin seeds on top are for adults and those without pumpkin seeds are for my boy(I haven't introduced seeds yet). He woke up quite late and was not ready for breakfast. So I put them in his bento box and let him bring to daycare. 

No comments: