Saturday, April 6, 2013

Purple Sweet Potato Mantou


Well, I am not sure how I am going to blog about this. I don't do measurement when making mantou now. I just remember the dough texture I need to achieve. Then why am i blogging this? A record of my mantou experiments?

Perhaps you can refer to my pumpkin mantou earlier and substitute the pumpkin to purple sweet potato? :) The taste is totally different compare to pumpkin mantou, less sweet and more fragrant. I want to try purple sweet potato bread too, to complete my purple sweet potato series. :p But the problem is I don't see organic purple sweet potato on shelf very often.


Love the light purple color of the mantou. Picture above is the dough waiting to be rolled out and formed into mantou shape. Have been thinking of making duo color mantou, but...I am just lazy.

No comments: