Monday, April 22, 2013

Toddler menu #4(at 17mo)

It could be as simple as this, and yet my boy could finish everything in the picture. :)

5 grain porridge - I have changed to another type of 5 grain recently. Previously was 5 grain for babies which have pearl white rice, long grain rice, millet and black rice.  Now it has brown rice, sweet brown rice, millet, barley and buckwheat.

Steamed egg with chicken stock - Whenever I buy and debone DQ clean chicken, I will make chicken stock with the bones or carcass. Chicken stock to egg ratio is 2 to 1, sieve and steam over medium heat for 5 minutes.

Steamed pumpkin cubes - This australia pumpkin is nice even on its own.

Chicken cake - pan fried minced chicken and black fungus with a bit of grape seed oil. The meat portion looks a bit small in the picture as I usually try to cut down meat and fish during weekends, as nanny likes to rotate between fish and meat on weekdays.

No comments: