It was my dad who taught me to use roast pork bone for porridge and soup.
Normally after Qing Ming, Pai Ti Kong or other chinese festival, I will have roast pork bone for this dish.
You can also buy roast pork bone from roast pork stall.
1. Wash and soak dry scallop and dry oyster for 2 hours.
2. Shred the scallop and cut the oyster into small pieces.
3. Boil roast pork bone in water for 15 minutes.
4. Wash the rice and add into the soup.
5. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
6. Add in scallop and oyster.
7. Cook over low heat for another 45 minutes. Stir occasinally.
8. Ready to be serve.
No seasoning is required as the roast pork will add enough taste to the porridge. The roast pork will become less oily and less salty in this dish.