Recently the weather is so hot, so I made chilled purple sweet potato sago dessert for afternoon tea. Since I have bought few pack of sweet potato, I steamed sweet potato buns too. Ta-dah. Purple bun and purple dessert for tea.
Purple sweet potato 300g(or you can use taro)
Coconut milk 400ml
1. Cut sweet potato into small cubes. Steam until cooked and soft.
2. Keep one third of the sweet potato and mash the remaining sweet potato.
3. Bring the coconut milk and water to boil.
4. Add in the sweet potato puree and stir about 5 minutes until low heat.
5. Add in sugar, stir until melt.
6. Keep in refrigerator when it has cooled down.
7. Bring a big pot of water to boil.
8. Add in sago, stir well. Cook until medium heat for 10 minutes.
9. Turn to low heat and close the lid for another 20 minutes or until the sago has turned transparent in color.
10. Rinse the sago with iced water.
11. Add the sago and sweet potato cubes into the #6.
12. Keep in refrigerator until serve.