Thursday, January 24, 2013

Flaxseed and Ghee Steamed Bun


This is not the first mantou I did, have tried pumpkin mantou and raisin wholemeal mantou. Will blog about it when I have time. Since then, I have been thinking of new ingredients that I can put in my mantou. Just happened that I have a pack of flaxseed sitting on my kitchen top for long and my order of ghee has arrived, I decided to try out flaxseed and ghee mantou.

Ingredients are 300g unbleached and unbromated flour, 1.5tsp active dried yeast dissolved in 80ml luke warm water, 1tbsp brown sugar and 1tbsp flaxseed. Knead all ingredients to form a non sticky dough. Cover and let it sit until double the size. Roll the dough to thin rectagular shape. Roll into a swissroll shape. Cut into desired size. Let it sit for another half an hour. Steam over medium heat for 15mins. Off the heat, keep lid close for 3mins. Open the lid and serve.

No comments: