Friday, October 31, 2008

Golden Crispy Fish

For many years, I had the wrong perception that only big fish(more than 1/2kg) taste good. In my memory, small fish had less meat and lots of bone. And I was wrong, so wrong! It was one day when I had the opportunity to try this dish. And, it had totally changed my perception! The fish was so crispy outside, the meat was so sweet and the texture was indescribable good!

Two nights ago, I wiped the fish with some sea salt and fried it for my 3-dishes dinner. This dish was so simple but then it was the most outstanding dish. By then, I know I will cook this dish again and again.

Btw, anyone recognise the fish? Please tell me if you know the name of the fish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If not mistaken it's 斋鱼仔。 I'm wondering why will u buy them if u dun like and dunno what are they.

soo sean said...

I didn't buy it until I tried it at one's home. Thanks for the info, will confirm it.

Anonymous said...

I don't usually buy this fish as I have to clean it and alot of work but lately the fish seller does offer to clean it up for me.
I also fried it and it goes well with some sambal.

soo sean said...

Which market and which fish seller? Maybe next time I can get from there too. :)

Anonymous said...

You can get it from the Pulau Tikus market...a few of the stalls do provide the service if they are quite free. Do ask them.

soo sean said...

Thanks for the info.