Saturday, February 2, 2013
Lazy mummy wanted to save time, so she cooked single pot for whole family. :)
This recipe does not use milk, but yogurt as I have not introduced dairy to baby Phin Zhe yet. You can substitute yogurt and water with milk, but you might need to add extra cheese.
150g cooked macaroni
2tbsp ghee(Or u can use unsalted butter)
3tbsp plain yogurt(i use home made easiyo yogurt)
1/2 cup water
150g grated sharp cheddar cheese(I use Kerrygold cheddar)
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Melt ghee over medium heat, stir in flour, yogurt, water in sequence.
2. Add in cheese. Stir until cheese melt.
3. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. Add macaroni and mix well.
5. Ready to serve. Best serve with some blanched vegetables. Since this dish is very cheesy, sauteed vegetables might not be a good choice.
After step 2, I took some cheese sauce and mix with some macaroni for baby Phin Zhe, so his version is without salt and pepper. He did not use a spoon to eat. He enjoyed eating with his fingers. And from time to time, we passed him a carrot stick or some other vegetables. He was so busy eating, so we have a peaceful dinner tonight. ;)