Monday, October 17, 2011
Recently I want to eat more walnuts. Besides the normal oat breakfast that I usually recommend(read here), I make walnut paste, almost every week. It is a very famous Cantonese dessert. Here is my simplified recipe.
Walnut paste for two
1. Soak 1 tbsp of white rice in water for 2 hours.
2. Toast about 30 whole walnut in Oven at 120degree for half an hour.
3. Put the walnut and white rice together with the water into blender, add in another 350ml water. Blend it!
4. Transfer it to a small pot and turn on medium heat.
5. When it starts to boil, sweeten with 2-3tsp of sugar. Add a bit of water if needed.
6. Ready to be serve.