That morning, I baked a pandan vco chiffon. Right after the dinner, he brought out the cake and shared with everyone in the house. Yes, I have a big eater at home.
|Pandan VCO chiffon|
5 egg yolks
90g pandan juice
125g low protein flour
5 egg whites
1tsp lemon juice
1. Whisk egg yolks and 20g sugar until light color.
2. Add in vco and pandan juice, mix well.
3. Add in sifted flour and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and lemon juice until foamy. Gradually add in sugar and beat until soft peak formed.
5. Use a spatula and add 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
6. Repeat until step 5 until meringue finish. Do not over mix.
7. Bake in 150-160'c preheated oven for around 40minutes.
8. Once down, turn the chiffon tin upside down for cooling.
|meesua and hard-boiled egg|
|Cashew nut ice cream|
Hazelnut ice cream recipe
180g cashew nut
3 tbsp vco
2 tbsp honey
Use high speed blender to blend until smooth. Put in freezer overnight.
Adult had steamboat for lunch again, so I cooked something similar to the first picture in this post, thus I did not take a picture of it.
|bak kua waiting to go into oven|
Bak Kua recipe:
300g minced meat
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/8 tsp five spices(I skipped this)
1tsp rice wine(I skipped this)
1. Marinate the minced meat with all the seasonings.
2. Use a chopstick or fork, stir the meat in one direction until the meat become gooey.
3. Lay parchment paper on baking tray.
4. Spread the meat on the parchment paper.
5. Bake ar 100'c with oven door opened for 15 minutes.
6. Take out the tray, cut the bak kua into smaller pieces.
7. Bake at 200-220'c for about 10-15minutes.
Every 1st day of Chinese New Year, hubby house will have buffet dinner. This year, they ordered Nasi Lemak. So I cooked a kid version nasi lemak for Phin Zhe.
Steamed rice with lemongrass and vco, topped with pumpkin seeds
Stir fry french bean
Prawn and fried egg in tomato sauce
On second day, Phin Zhe had cheesy scrambled egg on bread, Greek yogurt with Manuka honey and Japanese cucumber. But he asked me why one of the compartment was empty. So, I put 2 pieces of cranberry butter cookies in it.
|Cramberry butter cookies|
|Spaghetti with mushroom and capsicium|
|cracker waiting to go into oven|
|Seaweed and White Sesame cracker|
150g low protein flour
1/8tsp baking soda
2 tbsp seaweed
1tbsp white sesame
1. Melt yeast in warm milk.
2. Knead everything together except seaweed and white sesame. Knead until smooth.
3. Add in seaweed and white sesame. Knead to mix well.
4. Roll into 2mm thickness, cut into desired shape.
5. Use a fork to make holes.
6. Bake at 180'c preheated oven for 10 minutes.
|Rice with baked chicken and soup|
Mixed veggies and mushroom soup
After the dinner, we went back to my mum's place. From then, Phin Zhe's meals were taken care by my mother.