Friday, October 28, 2011

Fried Egg with Mint Leaves



One Saturday we had Assam Curry Salmon Fish Head for dinner, it was so satisfying. Nowadays Jusco Queensbay does not sell salmon fish head, according to them the salmon fish arrive without a head. So, my only source of salmon fish head is from the wet market. Most of the time, they only have one salmon fish, which mean one salmon fish head every Saturday.


I did not finish all the mint leaves. So, the next day I decided to try some a dish with it. I have heard of fried egg with mint leaves and mint leaves egg soup. So I asked which one he prefer and he picked fried egg. After I tried it, I found that onion is a must. The sweetness of the onion matched with the mint flavour. I shall try the mint soup next time. :)


Ingredients
handful of mint leaves
1/2 - 1 onion
2-4 eggs
light soy sauce
pepper
cooking oil


Basically you just need the three main ingredients, mint leaves, onion and egg, but the quantity does not really matter.


Method
1. Fry the onion in cooking oil.
2. Then pour in the eggs.
3. Season with light soy sauce and pepper.
4. Add in mint leaves.
5. Turn the egg and fry for a while.
6. Ready to be served.

No comments: